Okay only 1 more day of March so let’s squeeze some fav grammers in there. The Insti obsession continues to grow and I’m officially a stalker. No apologies here!
1) Katherine Sabbath this is some serious cake loving. Cake and add some more cake and you have a colourful, calorific feast of baking and supremely talented icing skills. One very very cool and creative lady.
2) Little Linzi so this is all my childhood doll house dreams rolled in to one. You want to be miniaturised and live in this little house FOREVER. Mini the design files.
3) One Handed Cooks I may be left handed and have a small child glued to my leg/hip but I’m determined to cook a sumptuous dinner (cough cough). These are the bees knees of easy family cooking. Even Dadda B is impressed with my efforts.
4) Feather and Noise effort-less mum fashion styling coming your way. Need + want = not helping my credit card. Cool + affordable = I’m an edgy Mumma.
5) Cranmore Home so if I bought a house (working on it but Sydney is pricey!) I’d want it to look like Trace’s homestead. Besides being an old school friend from way back she has an eye for uber cool homewares.
It was my day off and Nell and I were heading to the shops for the usual wander/waste money on food and knick knacks we don’t need. We stumbled across The Mess and Learn Kingdom – a local little person activity centre that I’d been keen to give a whirl for a while…otherwise known as the perfect way to exhaust a certain small hyperactive creature.
Okay this place is AMAZING! She practically had the place to herself….
And went bananas with the toy set ups! A bit of carpentry like her Dadda…
Spot of cooking and cleaning. Plan is to take over Mumma’s (okay we all know Dadda is Dinner King) responsibilities.
Hours and hours spent playing with the new whizz bang (may not be new – we’re late to the party) kinetic sand. Cheesy grin says it all!
I was super relaxed and chilled out…..along with the trippy decor…
And that night she slept like a baby – twinkle twinkle
4/5 stars and a super duper way of spending those mornings and afternoons. Come winter and this will be our second home. Tick!
Oh the contrast between Mumma and Dadda.
This overcast and dreary Sunday Dadda and Nell are glued to the box to watch the beloved West Tigers….
While Mumma will attempt to be healthy and bake Choc Chip Blondies from I Quit Sugar…..
She is demanding the following 🙂
Mumma needs to wrote more blogs posts (it’s been a while and a tough stressful couple of weeks so a big fat apology).
And she would also like everyone (‘pwease’) to follow her adventures on Facebook and Instagram – links below:
Nighty Nighty. Nell xx
Okay can anyone agree on how hard it was to decide on your first born’s name? We took forever to find Nell…in all honesty I picked it and had to convince Hubbie it was a winner. Anyhoo…amongst our top 5 girl names was Maggie.
And so it brings me Nell’s shop of the month for March – Little Maggie Moo.
Locally handmade in Victoria, Christy creates cutesy-pie bloomers, top knot headbands and bibs. I have to be honest I’m not a fan of the old headband for Nell – she would most likely rip it off and start eating it…but OBSESSED with the bloomers. The are bloomingly beautiful for babies bums!
Here’s our fav pics (all $25):
Lion & Tigers Cotton Bloomers – Nell has to follow her Dadda’s footy team of course.
Wild Woodland Cotton Bloomers – Nell can be a little wild, if not all the time…
Forrest Berries Cotton Bloomers – Nell eats blueberries by the case – she’s like the Dyson vacuum of berry eating
Into the Wilderness Cotton Bloomers – And she runs off in to the wilderness way too many times to count!
Browse with utter delight at the following link:
There comes a day when Nell’s toys just aren’t cutting the mustard no more. She’s craving a creative outlet…she wants to express herself in a new way. This is when Mumma decides to let her loose at The Messy Spot – the perfect spot for artistic flair and getting seriously messy.
For $16 you get a set of paints, oversize adult length t-shirt and license for your child to run amok and get dirty. This sounds like Nell’s ultimate idea of heaven…okay apart from the fridge, pantry and high chair = food. The cot and sleep on the other hand…not so much.
It started off so well…Picasso in the making…
But discovered her own method of art…oh blue never tasted so good
Tripped over her t-shirt 15 times…Mumma tried her luck with a knot.
And spent most of her time running around looking for food…(note: completely ignoring her self-titled artwork in the process – so advanced in her writing and spelling…)
So she’s not going to be the next Monet or van Gogh but I’m thinking the next Pro Hart?